Released in 2006, MODO Creative 3D is a modeling, animation software, with an integrated rendering engine. It is an excellent starting point for creative exploration.
Video Guide – Installing and Getting Started with Modo : https://youtu.be/OMgHB5PCXNk
Image Source: GarageFarm.NET
History of MODO Creative 3D
MODO was firstly developed by Luxology LLC, with the intention of creating a single, complete, and efficient 3D software. Later, The Foundry took over, and it is still the actual developer of the software. The Foundry is also the developer of popular 3D software like NUKE, and Katana. MODO grew up during the last years, and now it is well known and widely used in VFX film productions. Right now the last release of the software is MODO 15.0.
Image Source: (creativetools.se)
MODO is a complete software, which allows its user to have all the necessary tools for 3D computer graphic production. Its main features are modeling, animation, rendering, sculpting, UV editing, compositing. Since version 10.0, procedural modeling has been introduced into the software: this modeling technique became famous thanks to Houdini, which introduced it in the world of 3D production. MODO has a dedicated section for VR technology too.
Image Source: Foundry
A Community-based software
Starting to use a new software could be often a wall for any user who does not have the possibility to follow an expensive dedicated course. The Foundry meets this users’ necessity, sharing a lot of content, tutorials, and introduction videos (you can find the dedicated web page here). The Foundry gives importance to the community too, sharing projects and renders of users on its webpage and Instagram profile. Nowadays, creating a relationship with users and customers is important for companies, and The Foundry is definitely doing it well.
Image Source: Foundry (@foundryteam) • Instagram
MODO Creative 3D offers a lot of choices to users, with different prices and targets:
- Free: a free trial version of the software, available for one month
- Education: free complete versions for student and institutions
- Individual: for individual customers: you can buy it once forever, or for one single year. There’s a subscription option too (per year or per month).
- Business: for small-medium studios composed by 2-50 people
- Enterprise: a version that provides access to levels of service, support, and engineering that are not available to our Individual or Business Customers.
Image Source: Foundry